All I know is that this year, 2019, I am breaking up with busy. I have been talking about wanting a simpler life for so long. I have decluttered numerous times, but haven’t finished the job for one reason or another. I felt like I was winging the process, but this year, netflix introduced me to Marie Kondo, via her show called ‘Tidying up with Marie Kondo’, and it has helped me get myself going again. The basic rule to the Kondo method of tidying simply means that everything has a home. Even the girls are decluttering and we have put a number of things online to sell, throw out, or give away. We are enjoying earning a little bit of play money. My goal is to declutter and get organised to the point where we have the things we need, but also, less stuff means less cleaning up, which means more time to enjoy the present moment. I guess its just another way to look at breaking busy.
The other thing I want to do with our family this year is to become more aware and grateful for the good things that are happening in our lives, so we bought a large jar and some coloured paper, so that we can date and write down when our prayers are answered. It is so easy to forget the good things that are happening around us when we hit hard times. We are already 19 days into January and we have about 8 coloured pieces of paper in the bottom of our jar. I am looking forward to the end of the year when we tip out the jar to see all the amazing answers to prayers we’ll have in there from 2019.
- Read 2 books per month (24 books in a year)
- Organise a family fun day every month
- Be more active – 3-4 times per week
- Write daily
- Organise dates fortnightly with hubby
- Glam up Mischieviousmum.com
- Complete the photography masterclass, digital marketing course, and copywriting udemy courses.
- Organise family organisation book
- Get some photos of the kids at the beach – monthly
- Read bible daily
- Meal plan monthly
- Write down answered prayers.
- Visit all the pools on the Sunshine Coast – fitness passes
- Find new clothes and shoes that I like – there a lot of pieces of clothes out there that I don’t particularly like.
- Grow our homeschooling connect group.
- Keep working on our home
- More holidays//Time out/camping/buy a caravan?
- Connect with family and friends more often particularly at our house
- Go to the beach at least 3 times per week.