A number of years ago, I heard Actor Jim Caviezal agreed to play the part of a man named Tim Ballard in a film called ‘The Sound of Freedom’. I had heard about what Tim Ballard was doing, and was excited to see a movie with substance, instead of the trash coming out of Hollywood over the years.
At the time Fox owned the movie rights, and then they were bought out by Disney, who refused to allow the movie go into cinema’s. Finally, 2023 came along and the rights to the movie were relinquished and Angel Productions brought the movie to the cinema for people to finally see. You have to ask yourself why Fox and Disney were so against letting this movie out into the cinemas???
If you don’t know who Jim Caviezal is, you might remember him from movies like the Count of Monty Christo, Person of Interest, The Passion of the Christ, Thin Red Line, Paul – The Apostle of Christ, Outlander, Escape Plan, Frequency, and High Crimes. Since teaming up with Mel Gibson a number of years ago to play Jesus in the Passion of the Christ, Hollywood has black banned Caviezal. Not that I really care for Hollywood’s thoughts regarding Jim Caviezal, I find his portrayal of real life stories on point and enjoyable despite the content of what the movie is about. In other words, his portrayal of Tim Ballard in The Sound of Freedom was brilliant, along with the many characters he portrayed over the years.
Tim Ballard, is a former American government agent for Homeland Security who gave up his career to rescue children out of the global sex trafficking circuit. He created ’Operation Underground Railroad’, which is a global anti-child sex trafficking organization.
The ‘Sound of Freedom’ story follows Ballard’s journey from working at Homeland Security tracking pedophiles to breaking out on his own to rescue children from sex trafficking. He has rescued many children over the years and is a real life hero in many peoples eyes.
I would like to encourage you to go and see ‘The Sound of Freedom’. It isn’t an easy film to watch, but it is worth the discomfort. We have to open our eyes and realise that child sex trafficking is a global pandemic, not a Colombian issue, or a South American issue. More money is made via child sex trafficking than the drug trades now, which obviously is disgusting, but we have to open our eyes and see what is going on around us. We can no longer stick our heads in the sand? What if it was your child? We have to find ways to be part of the solution, rather than pretending it isn’t happening. It is happening, and it’s happening right under our noses, if only we could identify the signs!
Here is a list of common indicators to help recognise human trafficking are the following:
- Does the person appear disconnected from family, friends, community organizations, or houses of worship?
- Has a child stopped attending school?
- Has the person had a sudden or dramatic change in behavior?
- Is a juvenile engaged in commercial sex acts?
- Is the person disoriented or confused, or showing signs of mental or physical abuse?
- Does the person have bruises in various stages of healing?
- Is the person fearful, timid, or submissive?
- Does the person show signs of having been denied food, water, sleep, or medical care?
- Is the person often in the company of someone to whom he or she defers? Or someone who seems to be in control of the situation, e.g., where they go or who they talk to?
- Does the person appear to be coached on what to say?
- Is the person living in unsuitable conditions?
- Does the person lack personal possessions and appear not to have a stable living situation?
- Does the person have freedom of movement? Can the person freely leave where they live? Are there unreasonable security measures?
I know as a mother, I feel a sense of responsibility to not just our children, but to any child we come across. Each child is incredibly precious and should be treated as just so. There is, should be, a moral expectation to treat the children of this world well, whether we know them or not. If we really do consider children to be precious, then we have a responsibility to open our eyes and find ways to help stop this crime against humanity. Let’s start talking about the subject of child sex trafficking. Encourage people to go see the Sound of Freedom – It isn’t and should not be a taboo subject. Children, God’s children, are not for sale!
If you are interested in helping take down this terrible industry, there is an organisation in Australia called Destiny Rescue. A2 also have offices here in Australia working towards rescuing anyone caught up in trafficking. All these types of organisations need money to resource their mission to save people from trafficking. For example, When looking at the Destiny Rescue website, I noticed that one rescue raid costs approximately $10 000. They are also asking for volunteers to go help them.
If you would like to see the trailer for The Sound of Freedom, click here. Then click here to book tickets at a cinema near you.