There is a process to getting your head around losing weight. I know I have mentioned this subject before on my blog, but I have come to realise that one needs to get absolutely sick of themselves before they do anything about the situation that they are in. Passion drives a person, and motivation keeps the wheels moving, and if I am completely honest with myself, I have been looking for the easy way out!. No! its true!
Why do I want to lose weight? Well thats easy, I want to feel good and wear nice clothes. I also think that people feel that they can be successful in life when they are at or close to their desired weight. I know what I want for my life, and I feel that this issue – is simply holding me back. What’s stopping me then, I hear you asking!? Well, too be perfectly honest with you, I feel like I have been on many a diet and I haven’t been successful, and I use my kids as an excuse as to why I am not exercising – not a reason for why I should exercise. Don’t get me wrong, I know the basics….but the basics seem to fly out the window if I am feeling a little blue or blah about the world…and if there is there is a chocolate bar in sight (not all the time but many a time) at these times – well lets just say that the chocolate bar does not stand a chance.
I have always used yummy bad food as a reward and I think that this has been another downfall of mine. I make promises to myself that I know that I can’t or won’t keep; and if I am bored or annoyed or frustrated with a situation….well I use food as a comfort. Its not as though I am eating all of the time, because I am not, but I think at the heart of it – I am a self sabotaging pain in the butt – I really am my own worst enemy!
So I have decided to make some rules for myself.
1. I am going to read and arm myself with knowledge. What are the best foods to eat and what are the foods that I should never have, even if I am on a deserted island and there is no food available – from a health point of view – there is no way I am going to touch them. e.g.. soft drink
2. I am going to make sure I walk for at least half an hour EVERY day.
3. I am going to allow myself a treat one day per week. Friday! If I know that we are going to be catching up with friends over the weekend – then I am going to waive the right to friday night treat and just have the treat at the family or friend catch up.
4. I will read every label and learn what are the ok additive and preservatives and what are not.
5. Follow the rule that ‘Fresh is best!”
6. Keep it simple
7. Always have fruit and something healthy to have as a snack.
8. Have set Eating times.
9. Drink 8 glasses of water.
I found this on Pinterest and loved it. I am going to print it out and laminate it so that we can put it in our pantry.
I will write more about this subject later as I am tired and need sleep